Ideally situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver (see map), the Community Room in the Esther Short Building offers a unique setting for your next event or meeting. Ideal for small to mid-sized groups, the room offers tasteful and modern decor, the HDMI connectivity for multi-media presentations and ample space for food preparation and presentation. The Community Room has been utilized for a variety of events and can be attractively configured for trainings, team building, board meetings, evening receptions, social events, presentations, workshops, and more. The room is elegantly designed and versatile, making it the perfect backdrop for events, from casual to upscale. A full sliding glass wall opens to a beautifully landscaped and furnished private courtyard complete with comfortable seating and a fire pit. The Community Room at the Esther Short Building offers a dynamic venue for indoor and outdoor activities unlike anything else available in the area.
The Community Room offers competitive rates and packages, and a variety of options and accommodations to suit your needs. The Community Room is available for reduced rates to non-profit and community service groups. Our intent is to provide a low-cost meeting space for organizations connected with educational, cultural, civic, social or recreational activities, and whose purpose is for advancement of the community. Please get in touch with us below for a quote or to come and take a look at the space.
- HDMI-capable presentation equipment, including a flat screen television and free wifi
- Full sink, wine storage, and large counter for display of materials and/or food
- Tables and comfortable chairs that accommodate a variety of set up configurations
- Capacity for up to 55 people within the Community Room
- Competitive rates and packages are available. We also offer reduced rates for non profits
- A flexible schedule is available to accommodate diverse needs and various types of events
- Attached courtyard exclusively for the Community Room, fully furnished and beautifully landscaped
- Gas firepit with comfortable seating in the courtyard adds a cozy feeling to events
- Stylish sliding glass wall, high ceilings, and elegant wood accents provides a distinctive and modern look and feel
- Enviable downtown location adjacent to Esther Short Park, and within walking distance to a wide variety of restaurants, bars, and other amenities
- The Esther Short Building offers local artists a space to display distinctive art in a gallery style throughout the building and meeting room, creating a more dynamic and attractive space
- We offer varying rate packages to suit your organization's needs. We offer discounts for active duty military personnel and non profits and are available to rent during holidays for additional fees. Please inquire about discounted rates for recurring bookings.
- Weekday rates not exceeding $75/hour
- Weekend and after hours rates not exceeding $100/hour
- 10% discount for active duty military personnel
- Discounts available for non profits
- Inquire about recurring business discounts
- Contact us with questions regarding any of your event needs
- Close proximity to public parking